The Study Centre is here to support all students with their studies. We are here for your needs and our friendly, experienced team will be only too pleased to sit down and have a relaxed and informal discussion with you about any support you may need. Our team has experience in supporting students with specific difficulties such as dyslexia, autism and visual or hearing impairment. We also offer both one-to-one and grouped sessions to help improve literacy, numeracy skills, and provide ESOL support for students.
The types of support available are:
- Literacy, numeracy and ESOL tuition
- Support for dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties
- Special arrangements for exams
- Assistive Technology – Laptops, TextHelp! Read and Write Gold software
- Dictaphones, as well as other software designed to help you with your studies
- Specialist Equipment and aids. For example, we provide computer facilities for visually impaired students, including the software "Jaws".
We realise that some students may at times find particular areas of their studies difficult and would benefit from support to enable them to reach their goals. We can help you with:
- Essay Planning
- Assignment Planning
- Note Taking
- Time Management and organisation of work
- Examination and revision techniques
A brochure, 'Helping You to Learn' gives information about what the college can offer to anyone with a disability which interferes with their ability to carry out normal day to day activities and explains the types of additional support available in college. For further information, please see the Local Offer or the Helping you to Learn booklet.
Whatever your worries, we are here to look after your individual needs in a supportive and adult way, helping you progress in a secure and friendly environment. So if there is a problem please don’t be afraid to ask, whatever your query, feel free to come along for a chat - we are here to help.
Please contact Julie Walkington, Learning Support Manager on 01723 380779 for further advice or information.