Please note the launch of the Language workshops has been postponed until February.
- Each workshop will have a language focus, with vocabulary, and the essential tools that will enable you to be able to communicate in a variety of topics in your language of interest.
- Language workshops are facilitated by a native speaker, sessions are led by students’ interests and may cover topics such as culture, media, politics, the Arts, travel.
- Language workshops for 2019 will be offered in French (TBC), Spanish, German and Italian.
- For the more experienced language learner our French, Italian, German and Spanish Language workshops offer a chance to keep up and improve spoken communication skills. These workshops are designed for people who have a reasonable level of fluency (at least intermediate level learners) who are looking for a more informal way of learning a language as opposed to a regular class.
- For low level users Spanish/French/Italian – more informal structured workshops to build on communication skills i.e. functional language as well as given you some language structure and vocabulary
There are three levels of language workshops:
Level 1 – This level is for those who want a refresher or for those who want a taster of a new language. These workshops provide an introduction to the basic language needed for everyday occasions whether for holidays, business or just plain curiosity!
Level 2 – For those who already have a knowledge of the language and want to further develop and practice their skills
Level 3 – This level is for more confident speakers who want to further challenge and develop their language or sign language skills through conversation
All levels will be subject to availability
Workshops starting in February:
- Dressmaking – Monday 18:00 – 20:00 (TBC)
- Photography and Photoshop – Monday 18:00 – 20:00 (TBC)
- Print making – Monday 18:00 – 20:00 (TBC)
- Introduction to Japanese Language, Cuisine and Culture – 3 Workshops Saturday 09:30 – 12:30 (TBC)
- Introduction to Crocheting – Saturday 09:30 – 12:30 – single introductory workshop
- Introduction to Knitting – Saturday 09:30 – 12:30 – single introductory workshop