Football | Rugby | Netball | Cricket | Basketball
Special Entry Requirements
To join one of the sports academies you must be enrolled on a full time course at the college.
The sports academies are built into an academic programme and develop you as a player in your sport of choice. You will receive specialist coaching, developmental advice and participate in an extensive fixture programme. We have strong links with local sports clubs giving you access to their facilities and pathways into senior teams. We offer advice on combining your university study programme with your performance pathway in the UK and abroad.
- 3 hours a week of high quality training from specialist coaches
- Weekly games in the Association of Colleges (AoC) league, regional and national competitions
- Sport injury diagnosis and rehabilitation advice
- Pre-season open training sessions
- Regular personal feedback on your progress
- Support with tactics and technical aspects of the game
- Nutritional advice and psychological profiling to improve mental and physical performance
- Support for students wishing to take coaching and officiating qualifications
- Free gym annual subscription
There is no formal assessment however you will be placed in the appropriate training or development squad after the initial training sessions.