Sport – Progression Year
Level 2 Vocational
Special Entry Requirements
You will need to meet the Progression Year entry requirements.
The Level 2 Applied General in Sport is equivalent to three GCSEs. The knowledge, understanding and skills learnt in studying this course will aid progression to further study and prepare learners to enter the workplace in due course. Alongside this course you can take a sports leadership qualification as well as play in the sports academies.
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise
- Practical Sports Performance
- Anatomy & Physiology for Sports Performance
- The Mind & Sports Performance
- The Sport Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports Activities
- Promotion & Sponsorship in Sport
- Profiling Sports Performance
- Injury & the Sports Performer
- Running a Sports Event
- The Sport & Active Leisure Industry
The course consists of 80% coursework plus two key external assessments in Fitness for Sport & Exercise, and Anatomy & Physiology for Sports Performance.
The coursework is undertaken in a variety of forms such as:
- coaching logs
- practical demonstrations