Drama & Performance – L3 Applied General
Single | Triple
Special Entry Requirements
In addition to the level 3 Applied General entry requirements, a keen interest and passion for performing arts are essential to succeed on this course. Previous experience in acting, singing or dancing would be advantageous.
The Triple is a full-time course that focuses on making you an all-round, experienced performer in Acting, Musical Theatre and Dance – preparing you for all aspects of the industry.
Alternatively, you can choose to study a Single Applied General in Performing Arts. The modules for the Single are wide-ranging and performance based; there are no Dance modules on the Single.
Studying the Applied General will develop the practical knowledge, skills and understanding needed to prepare for your chosen career.
Preparing for Drama & Performing Arts
We have created transition packs on the website to show you the kind of work you will be doing at level 3 and help you prepare for September.
If you have any questions about the course, please email email@example.com
All students on the Extended Diploma will study the yearlong core units of:
- Performance Preparation (Prepares learners for performance by developing understanding of various styles and exploring skills required for auditions)
- Planning for a Career (Professional work experience with opportunities to align/link their overarching career aims with the opportunities provided within the course)
- Final Production (Refine skills and take ownership of an entire process of production)
The specialist subject blocks will follow a range of units typically including some of the following:
- Approaches to Acting
- Comedy Drama in Performance
- Audition Techniques
- Theatre in Education
- Elizabethan Theatre
- Physical Theatre
- Vocal Techniques
- Musical Theatre Performance
- Collaborative Cross Arts
- Music in Theatre
- Ensemble Music Performance
- Solo Music Performance
- Dance Fitness
- Dance in the Community
- Global Dance Styles
- Ensemble Dance Performance
- Dance Technique and Performance
**students do not need to be experienced dancers or singers to be highly successful on this course**
This course is 100% coursework. You will learn and be assessed on the course by a series of practical assignments as well as some handwritten work. The course aims to be as hands-on as possible with opportunities to utilise and develop students’ talents. Teamwork is an essential part of the course as it would be in a real theatre environment.