Health & Social Care – Progression Year
Special Entry Requirements
You will need to meet the Progression Year entry requirements.
This is a one year course aimed at students who have not yet achieved the qualifications for advanced level study. Successful completion of the course allows students to progress onto level 3 if they wish.
Students successfully completing the course do not have to continue studying Health and Social Care into advanced level; although many people choose to. The course develops knowledge and understanding of skills and issues involved in social care, health care and early years work, so is most suited to people who are interested in a career in this area.
Level 2 Health & Social Care is made up of the following units;
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health & Social Care
- Human Growth and Development
- Safeguarding and Protection in Health & Social Care
- Communication in Health & Social Care
- Working in Health & Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health & Social Care
- Creative Activities in Health & Social Care
Units are assessed through 100% coursework.