Business Studies – L3 Applied General
Double | Triple
Special Entry Requirements
You will need to meet the Level 3 Applied General entry requirements as you will be assessed in a variety of ways such as extensive coursework, controlled assessments and external examination.
Business examines all the key business areas including marketing, human resources, operations management, finance, enterprise and management. Assignments are then based on specific businesses, many of which are local, to enable you to develop an understanding of how business theory works in practice. Assignments will be undertaken both individually and in groups, which will give you the chance to develop teamwork and communication skills.
Business Applied General Transition Pack – We have prepared some information on the website to show you the kind of work that you will be doing at level 3 and to help you prepare for September.
You will have a mixture of classroom-based lessons, group work, practical sessions, group and individual field visits and the chance for independent study. In a typical lesson you will be taught relevant business theory, which you will then apply to a real organisation. These courses give you the opportunity to focus upon specific areas that interest you.
Currently students must take the following mandatory units:
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Personal and Business Finance
- Managing an Event
- International Business
- Principles of Management
- Business Decision Making
Students will then take some of the following units. The number you take depends on whether you are studying the Diploma or Extended Diploma.
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Team Building in Business
- Recording Financial Transactions
- Final Accounts for Public Limited Companies
- Financial Statements for Specific Businesses
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Investigating Customer Service
- Investigating Retail Business
- Visual Merchandising
- Digital Marketing
- Creative Promotion
- Pitching for a New Business
- Investigating Corporate Social Responsibility
- Training and Development
- Market Research
- The English Legal System
- Employment Law
- Aspects of Civil Liability Affecting Business
- Aspects of Criminal Law Impacting on Business and Individuals
- Work Experience in Business
- Relationship Marketing
- Legal Principles and Professional Ethics in Financial Services
- Effective Management of Personal Debt
- Buying for Business
- Supply Chain Operations
- Investment Opportunities and Financial Planning
- Insurance Principles and Policies
Assessment will include examination and written assessments. These methods are varied and might include: making presentations, writing business reports, preparing wall displays, creating websites and filming documentaries. Your work is assessed internally by your teachers and externally moderated by Edexcel.