Travel & Tourism - BTEC Level 2
Special Entry Requirements:
You will need to meet the Progression Year entry requirements
The BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate is a one year course that is equivalent in value to three GCSEs. This course is an excellent base for advanced study, and many of our students choose to follow the BTEC Level 3 Diploma and BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism on completion.
You will have a mixture of classroom-based lessons, group work, practical sessions, group and individual field visits and the chance for independent study. In a typical lesson you will be taught relevant Travel and Tourism theory which you will then apply to the written assignment that you are being assessed in or provide essential subject content for the exams in January and May.
The units you will study are:
- UK Travel & Tourism Sector (EXAM)
- Travel & Tourism Customer Experience
- UK Travel & Tourism Destinations
- UK Visitor Attractions
- International Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Organising a Travel & Tourism Study Visit
- Travel & Tourism Business Environment (EXAM) Holiday Rep.
- Development of Travel & Tourism in the UK
- UK Travel Agency Operations
- Factors affecting Worldwide Travel & Tourism
- Cruise OR Hospitality
The majority of units are assessed through coursework. The work you complete will be based on evidence from real organisations and the assessments will be varied (including report writing and more practical work such as presentations, wall displays, role play and group activities). Two of the units are assessed by exams, which will take place in January and May.
On completion of the course you may:
- Choose to proceed to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism or another suitable course – many of our students follow this route and successfully proceed onto degree courses at university.
- Choose to enter employment – a number of our past students have gained jobs in the Tourism Sector in such areas as hospitality, travel agents,Leeds Aviation Academy, visitor attractions.