Attend a Consultation
All applicants will be invited to a consultation. Where we can, we will conduct the consultation at the secondary school otherwise parents will receive a letter regarding an appointment at the college. Appointments are booked in order of received applications. Due to the number of students that we need to meet with consultations take place over a number of months. You should receive your appointment approximately two weeks beforehand.
The consultation takes around 15 minutes in total and is to discuss course choices, entry requirements and address any questions that you may have.
Topics that may be covered during the consultation:
- Predicted GCSE results and entry requirements
- Qualifications you wish to study at S6F
- Employment opportunities and further study that the course/s can lead to
- Other options you could consider
- Timetable commitments as a student at Scarborough Sixth Form College
Students should consider:
- What skills, qualifications, strengths, interests etc. do you have in relation to the needs of the course?
- What are your reasons for wanting to come to S6F?
- The amount of work you will have to do, including coursework and exams
Attendance at consultation
The consultation is an important element in the college’s admissions process. If you are unable to attend for any reason, please contact Admissions on firstname.lastname@example.org