One of the first colleges to be inspected under the new Ofsted Framework, we have been awarded GOOD in all areas, the second highest grade available. You can see a copy of the Ofsted Report here.
Highlights from the report are:
- Learners enjoy their learning, are attentive in class and want to do well on their courses.
- During their time at the college, most learners develop ambitious aspirations for their future.
- As a result of good support from staff, learners develop their resilience and self-confidence well.
- A high proportion of learners achieve high grades in their qualifications.
- Learners with learning difficulties and/or learning disabilities receive effective support to help them make good progress, with many achieving better than expected grades at the end of their courses.
- Learners feel safe at college. They benefit from an enrichment programme that helps prepare them for their next steps when they leave the college and includes a focus on their safety when living away from home.
- Teachers are highly skilled. They plan their teaching well and deliver lessons that motivate learners. They carefully sequence learning and tasks so that most learners can consolidate their learning and move on to more complex tasks quickly.
- Learners benefit from a wide range of enrichment activities. Staff carefully plan available options to help develop learners' self esteem and confidence.
- Leaders, managers and staff have high expectations for learners. Many learners at the college are from disadvantaged backgrounds and arrive at the college unaware of what options they have for their futures. Staff ensure that learners use their time at college to develop high ambitions for their futures.
- Learners behave very well in classes and around the college. They are respectful to their peers and to their teachers. Relationships between staff and learners are very positive.
- Attendance at lessons is good.
- Governors and leaders successfully promote a culture of safeguarding. Learners value this culture and are positive about the way that staff ensure their safety.